Clayton EM Gauge 4mm Scale
This layout is based on Clayton station on the Queensbury Lines in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the period between 1928 and 1935. Clayton was a major station on the Great Northern line between Bradford Exchange, the Queensbury Triangle, Halifax North Bridge and Keighley. At the grouping in 1923 it came into LNER ownership.
A key feature of Clayton was that it was used to re-marshal trains before being dispatched to Halifax. Clayton is therefore split into three operational sections, the main line, goods yard and a marshalling yard.
We are currently in the sixth year of build. We have now built all the boards and track work including a 540 deg spiral to return trains to the level of the fiddle yard where we have storage for around 28 trains.
Wiring was started after the 2018 exhibition (September) and we are now approximately two thirds complete. We hope to finish the wiring by the end of 2019 at which poin we will focus all our efforts within the club rooms on progressing the scenic aspects of the layout.
Progress on the layout is regularly posted onto RM Web here.